20 June 2011

Projects

I started 2 projects this and last week.
And because I want to keep a history of it, I will try to use my blog.

Project 1 is because I all most don't have any HD space left anymore I need to have a second NAS server.
And on the side also redo a bit my current NAS server. The machine that is currently used was to play with Linux a bit and I added a raid control to it and in the time to test I install Windows Vista on it. I never removed/redo it since then.

So the search for Hardware and options is started. What is important here is a small case that can fit 4 or 5 HD and can be stacked. It also has to be low power stuff in idle as it will run probably the complete day.

I will post my progress on this in coming post. Any suggestions are welcome. :)

Second project is to work on the attic a bit. First plan there was to make 1 room out of it and that was done. But now the wife thought it is better to make 2 rooms of it so that the kids can sleep there.

I will post some progress about it this evening.

No comments: