16 August 2010

Mini Mac

Already for a few weeks now the mini mac is getting slow. After some troubleshooting it looks like the harddisk is ready to break.

So solution a new harddisk...

Without check if any HD will do I bought a 500gb 2,5 HD to replace the current 120Gb HD.
Had some fight to open the mini mac, and forgot to take some picture, but the drive is now install.

Then reinstall mac os X because any lazy I took the first disc I found, I suspect a copy of mac os 10.6, drop it into the drive and guess what it didn't boot on it. Search internet telling a lot of buttons to push but now boot. Finally I went and took the original cd's. And then I had to remove the DVD inside it. But this was not possible mac pc's don't have a button for ejecting the cd/dvd and the keyboard button was not working after trying different things the only solution I found was to open the drive itself and take out the cd.

The rest of the install went prefect.

No comments: