20 August 2009

Linksys Kiss DP-1600

Finally the time to look at the new Linksys.
First some picture:
It is looking nice. About have the width of a standard A/V device.
First thing to do was installing it. That went without any problems, I'm using the SCART cable because the TV in the bedroom is an old one.

Then turning it on and the basic setup went like a dream. I 'm using the wireless connection for now. The entry thing toke about 10 min.

First thing I checked was the Firmware, on the site the latest firmware is v1.1.17 but the one install was v1.2. A bit strange so after some searching on internet I found that the 1.2 was only install on the newer device and never release to the public, why nobody now.

So next thing a DVD works perfectly.

Then the real stuff, playing with the network. You have about 4 web service of the device but all in English and most of then not really useful for me (My wife does speak very well English).

Installing the PC-link on one of my computers to test the media part. The installation went good and the software works OK. At last for the first 2 min I used it. I added some folders with some movie to test and the player played all of then. Tomorrow I will take a look to install it on my server and do some more tests with more different formats.

No comments: