19 August 2009

Linksys Kiss DP-1600

After my DVD player in my bedroom went dead I looked around to buy a new player but I wanted to have a device that also could play stuff from my network.

The specs I was searching:
-DVD player
-Network access
-Played almost anything (for example mkv)
-Not to expensive
-Harddrive support.
-Upnp

I look at the new Popcorn hour C-200. It looked like it can do all I want it to do (and more), only the price in Europe is a bit high for now.

Looking a bit more I found the Linksys Kiss series that wasn't looking so bad. So after reading a lot about this device and not having a lot of other options I bought the KISS 1600 on internet for about 99€ + 15€ shipping.

Negative point where for me:
-No support for mkv
-Not playing everything correctly
-And bad support from linksys. Helpdesk and firmware support.

But I needed a dvd player so for that price I could try it.
btw if you any other device that can do the stuff I want please tell me.

The player arrived yesterday and I will test it tomorrow.
I will (try) to post some picture and comments on my first impression as soon as I can.

No comments: